Friday, July 13, 2012

Module 4

How to Make Your Blog More Marketable

I would try to walk the fine line between enough ads to make money but not be overwhelming. Amazon Associates looks like a good fit since it doesn't force you to change what you write about. Also, I am a customer of Amazon.com and enjoy the service. I could see doing advertiser payed ads for films directly on my blog, depending on what, if any, stipulations were attached.
While perusing top-blogs.org I noticed that comedy and entertainment sites like Funny or Die got a lot of feedback on their blogs. It would seem that this would be ideal for advertisers. I would try to foster interactivity on my blog. This would, hopefully, spread the knowledge of my blog by word-of-mouth referrals or online links. In turn a larger and more active audience would attract advertisers. I would also consider adding Paypal donation widget. If someone like the blog enough they can choose to fund it directly.
This would all be done with a sense of limits. My blog would remain navigable and would not bombard the reader with adds everywhere. I personally hate when a page has really intense, flash ads that create sensory over load. In that same vein I would avoid any sort of pop-up. I don't mind the same ad being on the side of every page but pop-ups are intrusive. Keep the layout clean and always be able to get back to a main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment